WHO WE ARE
In September of 2010, we opened Tinleaf Fresh Kitchen as an alternative to fast food and chain restaurants. With a passion for great food and as long-time residents of Carlsbad, we found that the restaurant scene in North County was in need of inexpensive, every day, family friendly neighborhood places that serve quality food in a comfortable and contemporary setting.
OUR EXTENDED FAMILY
We opened Beach Plum Kitchen in 2014 offering breakfast and lunch to the community of Carlsbad. Black Rail Kitchen + Bar, opening summer of 2019 compliments our other two restaurants with a higher end dining experience, full service bar, and event space.
priced chef quality fresh food in a relaxed & friendly environment. Our
Our food is hand-crafted with care from scratch using natural, fresh, and regionally sourced ingredients whenever possible. By keeping our menu simple, we are able to serve you quickly while maintaining freshness, always.
Our quality comes from purchasing hormone and antibiotic free meats from certified farms where animals are humanely raised. Then roasting to perfection turkey, pork tenderloin and tri-tip. Each order carved while you watch to assure each slice is fresh, moist and tender.
We start with freshest local and regional greens and toss them with our house-made dressings after you choose from a large selection of ad-ins or select one of our signature salads. Ask about our organic items!
Our signature item! Cooked Belgian style by first soaking fresh cut Idaho potatoes in water overnight to remove excess starch, then blanching them at a low temperature in 100% vegetable oil, then re-frying at a high heat when your order is placed. Each order is served with your choice of delicious house-made dipping sauces.
Accompany your order with classics such as quinoa taboule, sage stuffing, garlic mashed potatoes, or our creamy tomato bisque that keep you coming back for more.
End your meal with our famous coconut cream cake or brown sugar chocolate chip cookies made in house from scratch.
Our food philosophy can be defined in 3 words: keep it simple. By taking fresh, minimally processed ingredients, and combining them in simple ways, we find that their natural freshness shines through creating bold and interesting flavors. For our menu, click here.
HOW WE CAME UP WITH THE IDEA
With a passion for great food and as long time residents of Carlsbad, we found that the restaurant scene in North County was in need of an inexpensive, everyday, neighborhood place that served chef quality food in a comfortable and contemporary setting. By dining with us, you are supporting an independent, local business.
Tinleaf is partner with Surf Rider Foundation and we make a conscience choice to support local purveyors and businesses to cut down on carbon footprint, to use compostable packaging whenever possible, offer paper straws on request only, recycle its own oil and waste, and use energy efficient appliances whenever possible to minimally impact the environment.
OUR LIST OF GREEN EFFORTS
- All major kitchen appliances have Star Energy efficient ratings and meet EPA standards to ensure minimal environmental impact
- LED light fixtures and CFL light bulbs are used throughout and natural Lighting incorporated into design
- Tabletops are made from recycled plastic milk bottles
- Bathroom hand-dryers are paper-free and energy efficient
- No beverages sold in plastic bottles. Instead, we offer complementary filtered water served in glasses or boxed water
- Guest & staff recycling encouraged through easily accessible sorting bins
- To-Go program encourages reusable containers through a deposit program minimizing he need for disposable products – 95% of our take-out containers are compostable
- Cooking oil recycled into biodiesel, from our fryers to San Diego fuel tanks
- Paper drinking straws only on request